Category: Stock Manager
Location: Whanganui / Rangitikei
The New Zealand Farmers Weekly
Stock Manager - Manurewa Farms
Manurewa Farms is a 460ha block at the base of the Mangamahu Valley,
located 30 minutes from Whanganui.
An intensive finishing property run in conjunction with a larger breeding
property (Manawaimai Station), Manurewa winters 2000 lambing ewes, 1000
lambing ewe hoggets and 200 cattle. The contour is approximately 200ha of
flat land, with the balance rolling to steep hill country.
The role involves developing stock and pasture management plans with the
owner, implementing this while carrying out repairs and maintenance around
the property (fencing and water systems) and tractor work.
It also provides opportunity to progress; accepting more managerial
responsibilities as the successful applicant’s experience in the role develops.
• Maximum four good working dogs, with good stock handling skills
• Understanding of water systems
• Competent tractor driving skills required for feeding out, spraying and
• Carrying out fencing and general property repairs and maintenance
• Good computer skills (record keeping) and Health and Safety compliance/
• Motivated, energetic and willing to learn
• Good communicator and team player who is confident working alone
Based on successful applicant’s experience and skills.
Role provides a recently renovated 3-bedroom house. There are school
buses for the districts primary and secondary schools ten minutes from the
• Be eligible to work in NZ
• Hold a full, clean drivers license
Please apply in writing or ring:
Rob Gollan –
PO Box 689,
Phone: 021 431 173 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Date Posted: 2017-09-14