Category: Farm Manager
The New Zealand Farmers Weekly
• Venison, velvet and beef farming located at the Styx in the Maniototo,
Loganbrae is a semi high country 3200ha property situated 55km south of
Ranfurly and comprises of 1400 breeding hinds, 160 stags of which 120 are
solely for velvet, 150 breeding beef cows with the progeny finished on farm.
With the owners being off farm this position has a lot of autonomy and the
applicant will be responsible for all of the day-to-day running decisions,
whilst adhering to the successful policies and practices that have been put
Focus is on venison and velvet production but there is a mix with beef
finishing. The 200ha that is irrigated with K-line provides all the winter
supplements and the finishing of the beef animals and some of the deer.
There may be an opportunity for some tourism in the future.
To be successful in this role you will need:
• Knowledge of modern farming practices
• Vast knowledge of both deer and velveting farming and production
• Excellent feed management and planning skills
• Excellent stockmanship and communication skills
• Ability to manage budgets, projects and the ever changing environment
• Genuine commitment to health and safety and continuous improvement
• Computer skills including outlook, word, and excel
This is a great opportunity and challenge to carry on the high standard set
by the previous manager of twenty years while also implementing some new
ideas of your own. You will need to have plenty of passion and bring high
standards to be successful.
Position comes with a very attractive accommodation and competitive
Confidential enquiries to Peter Aitken, email@example.com
Date Posted: 2018-02-23