The New Zealand Farmers Weekly
Sheep & Beef Manager
SHEEP & BEEF MANAGER
Limestone Downs (C. Alma Baker Trust)
A unique opportunity has arisen for a Sheep & Beef Manager at Limestone Downs. Limestone Downs is an extremely attractive coastal property located 15 kilometres south of Port Waikato, just 1 ½ hour drive from Auckland. This magnificent 3129ha property is diversified into an 1800ha sheep and beef operation, a 540ha dairy unit, and 400ha of native bush for future preservation.
We are looking for a strong team player with proven management skills, as you will be leading a team of 3 shepherd generals, and casual staff. You will bring:
• Exceptional stock management and pasture skills
• Aptitude in both sheep and beef management
• Effective communication and time management
• Experience in hill country farming
• The ability to cope under pressure, and adapt to changing situations
• A competent team of working dogs
• A proactive attitude towards health and safety, animal welfare, environmental management and farm presentation
• Experience in adhering to budgets, feed budgeting and profit maximisation
• Management recording and reporting ability
Limestone Downs is well-regarded for its involvement in Agricultural research and development and has established relationships with Beef + Lamb NZ and Massey University; it is often used to trial research projects in a commercial setting. We are also home to up to four UK students each year, and as such you will be required to accommodate their learning in your day-to-day management of the farm.
We offer an excellent remuneration package, good time off and a comfortable family home. Local schools are Te Kohanga and Onewhero Area School. Limestone Downs is a fishers/hunters paradise, and is set in a great community that shares positive relationships. Port Waikato, just 15 minutes away, has a dairy, fish and chip shop, café, along with a Surf Club and a busy summer beach community. Tuakau and Pukekohe are the local service centres.
Applications close March 19th. Email your application and CV to:
Paul Mahoney, General Manager (09 2329897)
Date Posted: 2018-03-05