Category: Shepherd / General
The New Zealand Farmers Weekly
We are looking for a Shepherd/General to join our team of Owner/manager and General on our sheep and beef finishing farm. Strahan Land Company is a family farming business finishing 15,000 lambs, 1,500 bulls and steers and 500 dairy grazers annually, with some cash cropping on 435 effective hectares. Located just 12 minutes north of Feilding at Kiwitea.
Successful applicant will have
• At least 2 working dogs and enjoys working with livestock
• Fencing and water maintenance skills
• Handpiece and knife skills
• Some tractor experience
• Initiative and desire to learn and contribute with a focus on pasture management
• Ability to work alone and in conjunction with the team
Great opportunity to grow and learn in a high performing intensive operation. Variety of work will interest and challenge
Single or family accommodation available. Remuneration package negotiable.
To discuss, phone Ian Strahan 0274 30 40 21
CV and referees to:
Applications close Tuesday 19 June
Date Posted: 2018-05-31